For making the bodice I gathered all the tacking stitches that my grandmother kindly sewed in place for me whilst I was busy on Saturday, did some more running stitches, and sewed the bodice to the lining across the top, bottom and armholes. You can see it complete here:
I love the feel of the delicate muslin against the lining - very soft and luxurious, especially for a dress that is meant to imitate the comforts of underpinnings!
I've done all my seams my machine, and the tacking by hand, as I don't want this project to take me too long (I've got the rest of my Florida wardrobe to sew!) - plus, I'm not that knowledgeable about historical accuracy yet; I need to get a book on making 18th Century clothing specifically, as that is one of my favourite eras. For my next historical garment - either a plain white linen petticoat or a chemise for underpinnings, I may do some of the seams by hand. That depends how much time I have! I'm planning on doing a photoshoot either of myself or of my sister at Tatten Park, a nearby-ish Georgian manor house owned by the National Trust, so I've got plenty of accessories to make to accompany this dress!